Host a Panel at Causeacon!
We consider submissions from everyone over the age of 16. Proposals are evaluated both individually and against similar types of proposals. To help you focus your proposal, here’s a list of items that will really get you noticed.
Panels are a great way to connect with other people who have the same interests as you! Discuss the secrets of Game of Thrones or debate which character is hotter from the anime Yuri on Ice!!!
Panels are free for all in attendance to Causeacon® so check back for an updated list of panels for Causeacon® 2020.
We like proposals for panels that:
- Pop Culture Panels: Panels that cover a wide variety of the pop culture genre including super heroes, tv shows, movies, music and others.
- Anime, manga or other Japanese culture: We love Japanese culture, manga and anime! Panels like these are great topics and appeal to a wide audience.
- Game Shows: They are a great way to interact with your audience. They don’t necessarily have to have prize give-aways to audience participants, sometimes it’s just fun to do Supernatural Trivia with other fans.
- Well-planned and have supporting materials: Make sure your description is well-written and try to include evidence that the panel will be successful.
- Engaging and interactive: We like lectures too, but a proposal that introduces a creative way to communicate with the audience really catches our eyes.
- Panels for all audience age groups: All panel submissions must be family friendly. Since we are representing the Women’s Resource Center we are strictly against pornographic panels. We do have a few 17+ panels hosted by Causeacon staff, they are rated 17+ due to some language and crafting materials and are clearly labeled to the attendees.
How it Works
Now that you have a few guidelines, here’s a quick rundown of how the process works:
- You submit your application online ON OR BEFORE March 31st.
- Once your panel has been submitted, you will see a confirmation page that lets you know we have received your panel.
- Make sure that you can get emails from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your panel will be entered into the decision process.
- The committee applications in one of three categories:
- Approved: your panel is approved for Causeacon 2020
- Tentative: your panel is being considered, more information may be required
- Denied: your panel is not approved for Causeacon 2020
- You’ll be notified of your status via email a few days after your application is sent or by April 2nd at the latest.
- During the decision process, we’ll also be in touch with any questions we have about your application. Because of this, we ask that you check your email regularly, at least once a week.
It’s important to note that this process isn’t first-come-first-served. We will choose applications that we feel will be entertaining and fun for our attendees.