Welcome to the Volunteer page!
Did you know that you can volunteer at Causeacon and earn a free weekend badge? It takes a lot of people to put Causeacon together and our staff sometimes need help to make sure everything runs smoothly. Here’s where Causeacon fans, like yourself, can help us out!
What do volunteers do?
Volunteers at Causeacon help with a lot of different moving parts during the weekend. It can be anything from running the videos in the screening room to helping set up for big events like the Galactic Rave. Here are some of the positions we’re looking to fill:
- Badge Check Points
- Large Event Setup
- Screening Room
- Security Blockade
How do I get a free badge?
To get a free badge for Causeacon 2018 you must sign up and complete 15 volunteer hours during the entire weekend (April 27th – 29th). Here is the process:
- Purchase a Weekend Badge
- Sign up to be a volunteer
- Schedule in 15 or more hours on our 2018 Volunteer Schedule
- Complete all 15 or more hours during Causeacon, April 27th – 29th
- Report every hour your volunteer to the Volunteer Coordinator
- After completing 15 hours or more, the Volunteer Coordinator will give you a Volunteer Voucher
- Turn the Volunteer Voucher in to the Registration Desk and they will reimburse you for your time volunteered
How do I become a Volunteer?
The Volunteer Applications will open in 2018. When it opens, fill out the application below and submit. Our Volunteer Coordinator will review your application. Spots are limited and we can not take everyone, but we appreciate that everyone wants to help out at Causeacon.