Congratulations to our Badge Art Contest winners!
This contest is now over, thank you everyone for your entries!
How would you like your art appearing on some of our badges at Causeacon this year? Well now is your chance to show off your skills. Introducing Causeacon’s Badge Art Contest! Here is what you do: draw a picture of our Causeacon’s mascot, Charity. She Causeacon’s visualization of our benefiting agency, the Women’s Resource Center. WRC is a private, non-profit agency that provides temporary shelter, counseling, advocacy and supportive services for victims, survivors, and witnesses of domestic violence and sexual violence. Charity symbolizes strength, courage, independence and empowerment.
Draw a picture of Charity, submit the image to our Causeacon email, and your art might be selected by our Causeacon Staff to be featured on one of our badges for the convention. Please read the rules and guidelines below to see how to enter. You can draw her anime style, cartoon, realistic, or however you wish, the choice is yours!
Rules and Guidelines
- The artwork must depict Causeacon’s mascot, Charity in her full form.
- All artwork should be your ORIGINAL, hand-done creation.
- May not contain any nudity, violence or terrorism as well as foul language or insinuations.
- All artwork should be 8”x11” without a mat, frame or boarder. The artwork should be vertical, not horizontal.
- Almost all art mediums are allowed including: Pencil, Pen, Marker, Crayon, Colored Pencils, Tempera, Watercolor, Acrylics, Oil, Pastels and Digital.
- Should not have the artist’s signature, initials or name on the front. Other writing is OK as long as it is part of the art. (no profanity allowed)
- Only emailed versions of your art are acceptable at this time. If you are submitting a photograph of your art, please make sure it is a well lit photograph or scan. However, if chosen, your original artwork may be requested to display during the Causeacon event.
- Entries must be emailed by March 1st, 2017.
- Please send all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your name, address, phone number and email address with your submission.
- The Badge Art Contest is open to participants of any ago.
The Fine Print
- The Badge Art Contest is open to all participants, any age.
- The Decisions of Causeacon and the Judges are final.
- has the right to use the name, state and grade of any Badge Art Contest contestant, without compensation, to administer and promote the Contest.
- has the right to use a photograph (if taken at a Causeacon) of any contestant, without compensation, to administer and promote the Contest.
- retains ownership of all entries and may copy, modify, distribute and publicly display it.
- can keep the winning entries, up to one year, for promotional and display purposes.
- may produce products such as posters, prints, T-shirts, etc. from winning entries to promote the Badge Art Contest.